Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Whats been cooking lately

As you probably know if you follow my blog, I like my food... I like to make it and I like to eat it. In fact I would pick eating out at a cafe or restaurant over buying new clothes. Hands down. Weird I know!( It may have something to do with fact that all my eating has led to looking a little tubby which makes shopping for clothes sucky! Time to get back in Tri training mode!)
Anyhoo thought I would share some pics of some food I have tried out lately.

Sesame Crusted NZ Salmon with potato rounds on Spinach with hollandaise sauce


So yummy...it was a nice touch with the seseme seeds on the outside...will do again sometime! The holandaise sauce was a cheat from "Kato" because I have never tried to make my own before. So good!


Mocha Cheesecake cupcakes
These were a modified version of my Mocha Cheesecake. I found doing it this way made more portions, was a great little treat for my coffee group buddies.

Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake with raspberry

This was a bit of an experiment mixing two of my favourite loves together chocolate brownie and cheesecake. Alas I find it so hard to get the brownie right sometimes. Definitely needed more chocolate. Will try again maybe with Paisley Jades Fudge brownie recipe

What about you...if you had a few spare dollars...clothes or cafe?

8 comments:

Sima J said...

YUM YUM YUM - I am totally with you on this one! FOOD is GREAT!!! I DO like having new clothes, but am finding it hard to make anything look good on me due to preggy tum factor grrr (not that I find it easy when I'm not!) Man those cheesecakes look divine. I would like the salmon except it makes me ill but it does LOOK delicious!;-)
I'm gonna try do a post today with a super easy brownie recipe ..

PaisleyJade said...

Mmmmmmm - so glad I am one of your coffee group buddies that gets to sample all of your delicious wares! Keep it up ;)

Clothes probably over food - but they're pretty close.

Sima J said...

Here's the brownie recipe: http://simajblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/2x-recipes-one-edible-one-not.html

Leonie said...

wow the sesame crusted salmon looks amazing!!! yummmy!!!

Widge said...

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

i have never actually cooked salmon myself but I have been leaning towards trying too lately. Just to be extra nosey how much does that amount of salmon cost?

Rachel Kate said...

Yum Yum!! you come up some amazing stuff :)

Jaz from Treacy Family said...

Yum. Thanks for sharing, love more foodie ideas. I've noticed a few on your blog ;-)
Oh and thank you for your comment on my blog. It hasn't been the best year, but I am determined for it to get better and better.
I think I will check out Monica's blog, thankyou.
Have a fab weekend x

Sammy said...

It would be clothes hands down, but oh my gosh that food looks AMAZING! Yuumo!