Saturday, June 11, 2011

The week that was...

"My name is JackstaB and Im a Social Media-aholic. Its been 6 days and 7 hours since I last logged in."
So my computer has been out of action for the week. And I just cant believe how much I rely on being logged in to the internet. Need a recipe..I google it. Need to figure out who that actor is from that movie..I google it. Bored...I log in and browse. Need to know whats going on in my friends lives... I facebook. Need know how my blogland friends are....you get the picture. The week left me thinking how much we rely on being logged on, both hubby and I. I never realized how addicted I was...like a media junkie. In our house if the computer screen isn't on the TV is, or theres the newspaper or magazine...theres always something... constantly bombarding my senses with information. Hubster and I were talking...what did people do without TV and computer? When do we just chill out and just BE?

So what did I do all week with all my glorious free time? I cleaned. I sorted. I met with real life people. I baked. But I REALLY missed you guys. I missed reading your blogs. I missed updating my FB status. I missed sharing my photos of our Queens birthday holiday. And I log on to find everyones VLOGing! I missed being in the loop! So my week without a computer has made me realise that perhaps my life is a tad out of balance. So like a true junkie says Im gonna cut down! I promise!
So since I was rudely interupted by my computer carking it last Monday trying to upload my pics...here they are today. We took a lovely drive out to Ocean Beach (Because Hubby knew the swell and surf was huge) and we had a cup of tea and chocolate fudge brownies (PJs recipe) at the beach. Happy belated-not-actual-birthday to the Queen.





And it so good to be back!Who knows I might figure out a vlog post for you all next time
This is JackstaB Signing out :)

9 comments:

Leonie said...

ah it looks so gorgeous out at Ocean Beach!!
what awesome pics.

Rachel Kate said...

*like* that you are back xo

Weza said...

A week offline really can be good for the soul. I am seriously considering deleting my FB account. For so many reasons. But I most defiantly couldn't be offline altogether. OB's looks awesome. And if its any consolation its queens birthday weekend here.

PaisleyJade said...

You rock! The first people I've ever known to take real cups and saucers to the beach!!

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Nice ta have ya back! Yeah - do it (the vlog) I'm just doing one now...eek!

Gail said...

YAY! You're back.... and you're gonna VLOG!xx

Widge said...

woohoo nice to see you back but I also soooo understand how good the unplugged time is. Can't wait to hear/see your vlog!

Sima J said...

Yay welcome back! SO true how much we rely on internet! I actually kinda like it when it breaks for a while to MAKE you take a break! Also, I love going to the inlaws where it's mostly out of bounds and they play GAMES (real ones) at lunch YAY! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you take lovely cups to the beach!! That is awesome :-)

dearfutureme... said...

Haha love your pics!!