Sunday, October 10, 2010

White chocolate and macadamia nut browine....well...sort of.. DOH!

I have been wanting to make White chocolate and macadamia nut brownies ever since I saw it featured on Sophie Grays site (Destitute Gourmet).
So master 4 and I get started, butter melted, sugar added, white chocolate in...time for the eggs....eggs...*scours pantry*. "We had eggs for breakfast this morning mumma" Master 4 pipes in. Oh NO! I did the "no-nos" of all baking "no-nos" I didn't have all the ingredients laid out ready to go...silly me! I managed to find one egg in the fridge. "Well, time to experiment" I boldly stated to master 4..its the best way to cook anyway. So I tried to make it into a white chocolate slice. Added some coconut, and a weet-bix...hmmm what else can we chuck in?? I added the chopped nuts flour and a bit of baking powder. Gave it a mix, pressed it into a baking tin, bunged it into the oven and hoped for the best. And this is what turned out.

I left half "nude" dusted with a bit of icing sugar. And the other half had a bit of lemon icing just to see how that would taste.
It tasted sooo good. I think I like it better than a chocolate brownie. It has a lovely chewy texture.The nuts add a nice bit of crunch.
I love experimental cooking.

4 comments:

Kendyl's Place said...

Haha great job jacksta!

PaisleyJade said...

YUM!! That sounds and looks delish! I often start baking before realizing that I don't have the ingredients - double DOH!

Widge said...

yip I do it all the time too..but usually end by giving up. I'm not to creative when it comes to experimental baking...that's the small part of perfectionist in me ;)yours looks good! well done

Rachel Kate said...

mmm yum! ha been there :) are you going to post the recipe up so we can all try??