Monday, October 25, 2010

I've gone and done it now....

What have I done!!!
As mentioned here I said I was keen to do a Triwoman Triathlon...sometime. I've been contemplating it for a couple of years, and while I was reading the latest Next magazine (At my favourite cafe, drinking a mocha and eating cake!) I decided it was time. I was hoping to do the one in Bream Bay...the one closest to where I live, but they are not running it there this season. My first thoughts were "ah well there goes that idea...never mind...more cake?" But I read on. The next closest location is in Pt Chevalier, Auckland. This is two hours away from where I live. After a week of "umming and ahhing" I've decided...I'M GONNA DO IT! So who's with me???

This is such a huge undertaking for me: I'm so unfit, its not funny. I can barely swim to save myself. I'm still breast feeding so I'll have to figure out how to work that in there. I don't have a bike. And trying to fit in around family and soon-to-be paid work, its going to be tricky. But plenty of other women have had the same stresses and done it anyway? So can I? huh?

Ive already paid for the registration ($62- ouch!) to keep me motivated. And this will also keep my lovely frugal ("but you've paid the money...get out there and train!") husband on my back to also keep me motivated.

So its 6 months away. April 9th 2011. 2 days before my 30th birthday...A great motivation in itself!

Six months to learn to swim 300 meters, cycle 12kms and run 5km....piece of cake really? AAAAHHHH!!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!See here for more info http://www.tri.co.nz/

11 comments:

Kendyl's Place said...

Jackie, you're amazing! Good for you girl! You can SOOOO do it!

Gail said...

Oh go you! I'm too scared!!

PaisleyJade said...

Haha - you rock! The best way to commit is to do it and then freak out later! Good on you.

Sima J said...

woohoo go you! I was REALLY unfit and got running by doing this program: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
It was great coz it starts you off nice n slow and gradually builds you up :-) I'd do it with you but after doing my 10km run I think I've done all the fitness I'll ever do competitively!! haha

jacksta said...

thanks gals. thanks sima for that link...looks good!

TSMC said...

Good Girl, Jackie! I'd do it too but honestly, I cannot think of anything I rather do less. But I will baby sit your kid and cheer you on from the sidelines any day! - Sanna

Rachel Kate said...

Good on you! Will be cheering you on (from the comfort of my lounge chair hehe) :)

Happy painter said...

You will have to enlist Grandma's services and get the frugal husband out there training with you on a regular basis!!

Simoney said...

good on ya Jacksta!
xx

Betty May said...

In an ideal world Id do it with you and we'd totally come first... then maybe eat some cake

Leonie said...

go on you! I have done one of those before and believe me, Im not the fittest person in the world. It was heaps of fun and such a great sense of achievement. When I did mine I found out the day before hand that I was pregnant .. so just took it slow (haha as if I was going to do it fast!)and drank heaps of water. You'll do great!