Friday, October 15, 2010

First Foods friday: Home made Naan bread

Chicken and potatoe Korma and naan bread

I have always wanted to give this ago. We make roti (Indian flat bread) quite regularly, but when ever we buy indian takeaways naan bread is a must, so I thought I would give it ago since I had some greek yogurt in the fridge.
This recipe has three ingredients. Self raising flour, unsweetened yogurt and water. Knead together and leave in a warm place for a while. It is like pizza dough consistency, take small palm sized balls and roll on a floured surface. Make into flat rounds using a rolling pin. Lightly oil a heavy pan and and put the rounds in flipping over a couple of times. And Viola.

What did the food critics think?
Lesmonj: 2 thumbs up
Miss 6: 2 thumbs up
Master 4: 1 thumb up
bubba: 2 thumbs up
And me: 2 thumbs up

Thats 9 out of 10 thumbs up.
Next time I might try it with a bit of garlic butter to make it into a garlic naan
Give it a try!

4 comments:

Rachel Kate said...

Yum! Looks easy too :)

Sima J said...

mmm that looks super yum!! (and sounds fairly easy to make too!) :-)

Kendyl's Place said...

YUM! Looks perfect! I would buy that off you for sure!

PaisleyJade said...

I've always wanted to make my own - thanks!!