Saturday, January 8, 2011

The New Year...

Well 2010 was a good year for me. 2009 tanked just a bit, so I was ready for a better year. Highlights were finishing off some post-grad study (challenging, but ultimately rewarding) and the other big event adding the little man to our family. The last 6 months on maternity leave have been the most relaxing period of my life for a long time...but alas its back to part time work next week. Shift work makes me a little tired...add a baby who doesn't quite sleep through yet and I think life might start to get a little harder. Any hoo you gotta just keep on keeping on!

Its taken me a few days to figure out what my new years resolutions would be. You have to think long and hard about these things! But this year I wanted to find a cool verse out of the BIBLE to help me meditate on and keep things in perspective. And I think this is the one for me.


But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.
Psalms 73: 28

This year I want to;
  • Love more
  • Eat less
  • Exercise more
  • Yell less
  • Pray more
  • Facebook less
  • Sing more
Here's to a fantastic New Year, and the challenges we will overcome .

2 comments:

Widge said...

awesome resolutions.
I can totally relate. all the best for your new year and starting back at work x

PaisleyJade said...

Loving your resolutions - the yell less one made me smile (reminds me of myself!)