From this site I learned the other things they are learning are:
- Learning about Numbers through Play
- Social development
- Shapes and Colors
- Ideas and Creativity
- learning by doing, also referred to as hands-on learning or learning by making things
- Getting a feel for [a grasp on, literally] the qualities of the materials at hand
- learning about the powers of progressive refinement (trial-error), and of starting over (doing-undoing)
- patience, determination and self-esteem
And here I was thinking it was just a nice way to get some peace and quiet!
Are your kids into lego?