Holy Moly... I am shattered. Like the tiredest I have been in a long time. I am currently in sleep deficit from night shifts. The poor kids have woken to find a grumpy mummy...again. Nothing like kids waking early from the day light saving change to really ruin ones morning. I have had my morning coffee....but I think a couple more might be in order. On a side note...I got to work in our ICU last night. This was a major fear conquering exercise. Sick people...like... really sick people are not really my forte. I like patients to be ...not sick! Thankfully I was well supported and left feeling like I did a good job.
I really need to get a good night sleep in before PJ and I start our girls weekend/bloggers conference in Christchurch at precisely 5.30am on Friday morning We will be trying to make our flight from Auckland before rush hour traffic. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. The control freak comes out in me at times like these. Usually I try and remain calm and stress free...but going to new places with new people worries me.
Top 7 worries at the moment.
1) That the accommodation that I have organised falls through or is not up to girls weekend standards.
2) That I will experience my first earth quake...and worst case scenario ...die in my sleep because the ceiling caves in from said earth quake.
3) That I will snore, sleep walk, or sleep talk or sleep eat. I think I only do one of these things in real life.
4) That Paisley Jade will break my bed again.
5) That I will forget to pack some essential item like shoes or my cell phone.
6) That my pajamas won't be warm enough in my bed and all the other girls who have bought "onesies" will be like..."haha...see...you should have bought one!" Check out PJ post on this.
7) That I'm leaving hubby with three kids for the whole weekend. I better make sure the cupboards are stocked and the washing is clean.
And today its my Birthday Eve. I have a hair appointment booked for tomorrow so I can look fab for this weekend...and I might just cook the family my favourite meal...Roasted pork belly. Perhaps a nice dinner might take the sting out of the fact that hubby is obligingly getting me a new DSLR camera for my birthday. I'd really like to get better with my photography skills. Do they do a Dummy's guide to photography? If they do...I need one. One thing about blogging is the appreciation of peoples clever photography skills. I have been chatting while playing Words with friends to a blog buddy who is a talented photographer. He reckoned I should go for a Nikon. Eek. I think this will be this years birthday present... and my Christmas present...and next years birthday present too aye...hubsta?
And just a reminder that I will be drawing a name out of the hat for my awesome giveaway tomorrow... April 11th! So make sure you head over there if you haven't already...and answer the very tricky question in the comments section!