Tuesday, October 4, 2011

not a morning person

Im not much of a morning person.  Lucky for me I have an awesome hubby who gets up early to get himself ready for work. Since his noise wakes up the three kids...I blame him for them getting up early...therefore in my head they are his responsibility until I roll out of bed at the last possible moment before we might run late. I have it timed to a tee.
On a typical morning at the Jacksta B household....
The baby eats its his cereal...like chips...one at a time. Great for motor skills...and a great way to keep him occupied while I do stuff.
 I had to take a picture of the kids lunch box today. They actually asked for carrots and humus dip and Chicken and pesto sandwiches. Healthy or what? I'm usually a "slap peanut on sandwiches" type but I roasted a massive chicken on Sunday night for tea and the left overs are good for them. And the humus request? A completely new liking for them. It just goes to show...offering new stuff once in a while develops their taste buds.

 Almost every morning Joe can't find his shoes...even though I have a shoe basket in his room...WHY???

 Most mornings Miss Joy trys on two to three outfits. How does this look? She asks. I secretly love that she cares about my opinion.

My morning wake up...Plunged coffee and toast while I watch Breakfast. I multitask from the comfort of my lazy boy chair. Periodically when I can hear the kids have lost focus and are fighting or playing tag...I yell...Have you brushed you teeth!? Have you brushed your hair?! Have you tidied your room?! Find your shoes! Pack your Bags!


Unbelievably we make it out of the house by 8.30 for drop offs....Just another morning at my house.





7 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Love seeing snap shot into your morning!! Wish my hubby would get up first - it's usually always me!!

Tall Pipi said...

Good Morning!

Unknown said...

mine is nearly the same as yours, yes- as soon as hubby gets up- everyone is!!!

Cat said...

How lovely to be invited into your morning - YUP - I too wish my hubby would be up first - not likely sunshine!

Clare Hubbard said...

Your kids have great ideas for their lunch! And I LOVE peanut butter and bananas on toast. Great minds hey...

TracyP said...

I love that your morning sounds like mine .. apart from the baby! I am always up at the last possible moment and calling out to the kids have they done this or that!!

Jaz from Treacy Family said...

You guys are so refreshingly normal xx