So far I haven't flown out of the Pacific, Fiji and Australia are as far as I have been. A mere 3 hours on a plane, oh how I long for a long haul flight. Ever since I was a small girl I have loved plane traveling. The food, the attentive Air Hostesses, the "people watching", the itsy sprite cans, the butterflies of the landing. For me it was as much about the journey as it was the destination.
So I sit here in my world looking forward to the day we as a family will travel.
In the meantime, I get to see the world through my bloggy friends eyes. My favourites are Expat New Zealanders. They see things from a Kiwi perspective that always has me coming back for more.
So here are the my favorite expats at the mo. Why don't you check them out and give them some NZ loving if you don't already...I know they miss home.
- I am getting to know England through my friend Stacey's eyes. She also has been doing a bit of traveling around Europe and lets me in on the nursing over there .
- Also in London and soon to be Italy is Brigitte. Having lived away from NZ for 10 years Brigitte gives us a look at what its like raising kids away from her home and parents.
- The Delightful Gail is currently residing in the middle of China. I never ever thought I would consider going to China, but after reading about this legendary family going for work and experiencing the culture...I might just do it...one day.
- Another expat I follow is Claire who is living and teaching in Korea. Another scary place I would be too freaked out to go. But through the bloggy world I get to see some of it...and suddenly it doesn't seem so scary.
- And of course there's Anya, Lisa and Leonie...who give us their take on Brissy in Australia.
|Chinese New Year|
|Food in Italy|