Wednesday, October 1, 2014

closing up the blog

Time to close up the blog.

Its time.

I'm happy that I met a few bloggers out there.

I'm happy that some of you write so honestly and have allowed me to come into your lives too.

I think I will keep lurking. Popping in to comment on your thoughts....

But its time for me to shut up shop.

The passion for it has gone. My voice seems lost. With not much left to say.

Drafts remain unfinished. Half blog posts turn around in my head.

4 years.

4 years of bullet point posts, food pictures, parenting fun, birthday cakes, birthday giveaways, trying new things, watching the kids grow up, especially the baby who is now 4!

4 years of putting on my thinking cap and trying to form actual sentences that made sense, quite a challenge for this non writer. These are my favourite writing pieces,
I was brave
An ode to Hannah
An end of an era
Worst case scenario mum


I hope I have inspired. I hope I have encouraged. I hope I have made you smile.

Because you have done the same for me.

4 years

About the right time for the end of an era.

This is Jacksta B Signing off





11 comments:

Neetz said...

((hugs)). Im just thinking about resurrecting mine xxx Love ya xxxx

PaisleyJade said...

Noooooooooo! Will miss your take on life and your foodie posts! I know how you feel though - things change, life changes etc. xoxo

TracyP said...

xoxoxo

Jaz from Treacy Family said...

I understand Jacksta. So nice to have met you. Thankyou for your support when I needed it most!! Love Jaz

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Ah stink bum! But I totally get it. Without this little space I'd never have met one of the coolest chicks in town, in any town for that fact. I am so blessed to know you and call you friend in real life. Keep lurking and I definitely will want to keep in touch blog or not! You're one heck of a cool gal, mama and generally awesome person!

Leonie said...

awwww, seasons come and go and you have to do what's right for you - will see you around no doubt :)

Sima J said...

Sad but yes I totally get it also!! My blog has been left languishing!! I've enjoyed reading your stuff! :-)

Renee said...

Was great to have 'met' you!! :)

Simoney said...

Love you Jacksta, glad I'll still get to see ya on IG. The new home for tired bloggers. haha xx

Clare Hubbard said...

I have loved connecting through our blogs, Jackie! And like PJ said will miss your sense of humour and take on life... I totally get what you mean and your decision. Have loved your blog and will miss your posts. x

Bron said...

That is a shame...take care and maybe we will see you back sometime. xxx